When do I get to join the Alumni Association?
As a Trinity graduate, you automatically become a member of the Trinity University Alumni Association – and it’s free! Along with the Alumni Relations office, the Association keeps you in touch with what’s going on at Trinity, and will serve as your information source for keeping you connected to your Trinity friends and family.
How many Trinity alumni are in the Alumni Association?
A worldwide network of 24,000 alumni represents Trinity in more than 35 U.S. cities and 78 countries. Alumni contacts in each city assist the University in developing alumni programs, recruiting students, and career networking. This umbrella organization includes 12 chapter cities, 7 chapters in formation, and countless other cities and towns across the country where Trinity alumni get together. Find a chapter near you.
How do I get access to the Online Community?
Seniors get access to the Online Community during their fall semester.
What can I do in the Online Community?
Make sure your classmates know where you are by updating your address and contact information any time you move or change jobs. You can also search for classmates in the alumni directory by last name, class year, location, occupation, and many other criteria.
AlumNet, Trinity’s electronic alumni newsletter, is the oldest one of its kind in the country. AlumNet is sent to you via email at the beginning of each month, bringing news of other alumni and what’s happening on campus. Check out the latest issue of AlumNet.
What other benefits do I get as a Trinity alumnus?
• Subscription to Trinity Magazine, published twice a year, and the Trinity Events Calendar, as well as invitations to alumni events in your area
• 10% off all items at the Trinity Bookstore
• 10% off all Trinity Press books
• 50% off the Trinity University outdoor recreation membership
• Access to Elizabeth Huth Coates Library and the Information Commons. Trinity alumni can purchase a library card with lifetime access for only $15.
• GradMed Health Insurance – Short-term health insurance for recent grads. GradMed offers reasonable insurance packages for up to 6 months. Go to their website at www.gradmed.com, and select Trinity University from the top right drop-down box.
• Trinity University Bank of America credit card – Call Bank of America at 1-800-887-3259 to find out about the current offer.
What do the Chapters do?
Chapters across the country host a variety of events, from happy hours to museum tours, attending baseball games or touring wineries. Each Chapter is lead by a Board of alumni volunteers who plan the Chapter events and programs for a year. Find a chapter event near you!
How do I get involved after I’m no longer at Trinity?
You’re always a part of the Trinity community! There are many entertaining and rewarding ways to get involved with alumni and current students, and stay involved in the life of the university.
• Join the Alumni Chapter Board or work with network chair to bring Trinity Alumni together in your area.
• Attend Making Connections. Held annually in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Denver and San Antonio over winter break, these events are opportunities for students and alumni to gather in an informal setting.
• Assist the Trinity Alumni Admissions Network (TAAN). Members of the Network, which numbers over 400, work closely with admissions staff and student and parent volunteers to convey vital information to high school students who are considering Trinity as a college choice.
• Click here for even more ideas!
How else can I stay connected to Trinity?
Come back and visit! For one weekend a year in the fall, the Alumni Office puts together an unforgettable weekend of fun and memories that you won’t want to miss. More than 1,000 alumni and guests return every year for Alumni Weekend to visit with friends, share experiences, have fun, and catch up.
The Office of Alumni Relations is located in upstairs Coates, room 222.