Spiders On Drugs
Scientists at the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) have turned their attention from the mysteries of the cosmos to a more esoteric area of research: what happens when you get a spider stoned. Their experiments have shown that common house spiders spin their webs in different ways according to the psychotropic drug they have been given. Nasa scientists believe the research demonstrates that web-spinning spiders can be used to test drugs because the more toxic the chemical, the more deformed was the web.
* Spiders on marijuana made a reasonable stab at spinning webs but appeared
to lose concentration about half-way through.
* Those on Benzedrine - "speed" - spin their webs "with great gusto, but apparently without much planning leaving large holes", according to New Scientist magazine.
* Caffeine, one of the most common drugs consumed by Britons in soft drinks, tea and coffee, makes spiders incapable of spinning anything better than a few threads strung together at random.
* On chloral hydrat, an ingredient of sleeping pills, spiders "drop off before they even get started".
* See what happens to their mental
Drug Free Spider Web
Web created while exposed to Mescaline\Peyote Web created while exposed to LSD
Web created while exposed to Marijuana Web created exposed to Caffeine
Web created exposed to Benzedrine/Speed Web created exposed to Chloral Hydrat (sleeping pills)