Ethnography & Journ.
Definitions | Characteristics | Bibliography
Research | News Designs | Cautionary Note
Read these Books First
A large number of books and articles have been published recently on hypertext and multimedia. The selected titles below are conceptual in nature, not vocational guides regarding design, code, or other technical matters.
- Bolter, Jay David. (1991). Writing space: The computer, hypertext, and the history of writing. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Fredin, Eric. (1997). Rethinking the news story for the Internet: Hyperstory prototypes and a model of the user. Journalism & Mass Communication Monographs, 163.
- Joyce, Michael. (1995). Of two minds: Hypertext pedagogy and poetics. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan.
- Landow, George P. (1997). Hypertext 2.0. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Murray, Janet H. (1997). Hamlet on the holodeck: The future of narrative in cyberspace. New York: Free Press
Back to Top