I. Departmental requirements:
A minimum of 31 credit hours in history including:
- Four lower-division courses, including at least two 1000-level courses and at least one 2400-level seminar.
- Four 3000-level courses, at least two of which must be worth four credit hours.
- One 4400-level seminar that serves as the capstone course for the major.
- One course from each of these three areas: (a) United States history; (b) European history; (c) Asian, Middle East, Latin American, and African history.
II. University requirements:
Completion of all other required elements of the Pathways curriculum and at least 120 credit hours.
Criteria for Social Studies 4-8 and 8-12 Certification
History Majors seeking certification in Social Studies 4-8 and Social Studies 8-12 must take HIST-3376, HIST-3388, and one course each from three of the following four fields: African History, Asian History, Latin American History, and Middle East History.
I. University Requirements
Completion of all university requirements.
II. Departmental Requirements
Successful completion of a senior thesis written in a fall and spring (HIST-4498, HIST-4499).
A. Admission to the program
- 3.33 overall Trinity University G.P.A.
- 3.66 average department G.P.A.
- 3.66 average in the following courses:
- Applications will be made by May 5
Successful completion of a senior thesis written in a fall and spring (HIST-4498, HIST-499).
A full description of the program is available in the department office.
Anene Ejikeme, Ph.D. (Chair)
From the Department of History.
We're here to help!
Our team of expert academic advisers are ready to provide guidance and support.