I. Departmental requirements:
A minimum of 31 credit hours in history including:
- Four lower-division courses, including at least two 1000-level courses and at least one 2400-level seminar.
- Four 3000-level courses, at least two of which must be worth four credit hours.
- One 4400-level seminar that serves as the capstone course for the major.
- One course from each of these three areas: (a) United States history; (b) European history; (c) Asian, Middle East, Latin American, and African history.
II. University requirements:
Completion of all other required elements of the Pathways curriculum and at least 120 credit hours.
Criteria for Social Studies 4-8 and 8-12 Certification
History Majors seeking certification in Social Studies 4-8 and Social Studies 8-12 must take HIST 3376, HIST 3388, and one course each from three of the following four fields: African History, Asian History, Latin American History, and Middle East History.
I. University Requirements
Completion of all university requirements.
II. Departmental Requirements
A. Admission to the program
- 3.33 overall Trinity University G.P.A.
- 3.66 average department G.P.A.
- 3.66 average in the following courses:
- Applications will be made by May 5
A full description of the program is available in the department office.