Core business curriculum:
The core business curriculum includes courses that may reside within the School of Business or in some other discipline and are foundational to all majors in the School.
All School of Business majors require the following classes (37 hours):
- One of MATH 1305 or MATH 1311
- ECON 1311, 1312
- ACCT 1301
- One of BAT 1101 or 1102
- BAT 2301, 2302, 3301
- BUSN 3302, 4301
- MGMT 2301
- MKTG 2301
- FNCE 3301
Other general requirements:
- Completion of an approved study abroad experience or the successful completion of a modern foreign language course numbered 2302 or its equivalent.
- Completion of electives sufficient to bring the total credit hours outside of the School of Business to at least 60.
- Completion of all other required elements of the Pathways curriculum and at least 124 credit hours.
The total number of credit hours from courses particular to this degree plan is 59 (37 hours from core business curriculum + 22 hours from specific courses).
Completion of this major involves the general requirements for admission, the core business curriculum, other general requirements and:
- Specific requirements for admission to the major: In addition to the requirements for admission to any School of Business major, for full admission to this major, a student must first complete the following courses with the grades specified below:
- MATH 2308 (3 hours)
- Business analytics and technology major requirements (4 courses; 10 hours): BAT 3303, 3305, 4102 and 4301
- Nine credit hours of electives (9 hours).
Although students may choose any combination of courses, depending on whether they are interested in Data Science or Supply Chain Analytics they would typically choose their nine hours from either one of the following two groups:
Interest in Data Science:
Interest in Supply Chain Analytics:
- BAT 1102 if not taken as part of the business core
- One of either BAT 3304 or BAT 3394
- BAT 3307
- BAT 3390
- BAT 3-97
- BAT 3394 can only be taken as part of Trinity's faculty-led study abroad summer program to Japan, if available. Check availability of both the program and the course with the study abroad office or the Department Chair.
- BAT 3390 (Special Topics) can be taken up to two times as long as the topics are different, each time requiring consent from instructor and department chair.
- BAT 3-97 (Internship in Business Analytics and Technology) can be taken multiple times for up to six credit hours in total.
For full admission to any School of Business major (B.Sc. or B.A.), students must first complete the following courses from the core business curriculum with grades of C or better:
Note: Department Chairs may grant provisional acceptance if it is apparent that an applicant can meet the requirements for full acceptance by the end of the semester in which application is made.