Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are requiring all students to call ahead for a screening. Please do not present at Health Services without calling ahead. If symptoms could be COVID-19, you will be asked to schedule a COVID-19 test and wait for a negative result before coming to Health Services for an in-person appointment.
Virtual physician appointments are available for students residing in Texas.
In our efforts to assist our community in staying well and to provide the most appropriate care to each of our patients, we require all students living on campus to submit a Health Record* (pdf) that includes:
- Consent for treatment
- Health history
- Physical exam (performed by a licensed healthcare provider within the 12 months prior to matriculation)
- Meningococcal vaccine** (for all students under 22 years old, administered at least 10 days before classes start and within 5 years prior to matriculation)
- Two doses of measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) vaccine (administered at least one month apart)
- Tetanus booster (within 10 years prior to matriculation)
- Polio vaccine series (for all students 18 years old or younger)
- Tuberculosis screening (performed within the 6 months prior to matriculation)
- Proof of health insurance
This form must be submitted to Health Services by July 1, or before your registration and arrival at Trinity University campus if you are matriculating in the Spring semester or returning from leave.
Students who fail to provide the required Health Record form jeopardize their continued enrollment at the university. A restrictive hold will be placed on the student’s account to prevent registration the following semester until the required documentation and form are provided.
* Parents can help you fill this mandatory form out and must sign it if you are under 18 years of age, but parents cannot schedule appointments for you at Health Services or access your health records.
** A student who does not provide the required documentation of this vaccine to Health Services, as required by Texas law, will not be permitted to register or attend classes until the requirement is met.
Immunization, Health Record, and Health Insurance Requirements for Students
All students, undergraduate or graduate, enrolling for nine or more hours or participating in a full-time graduate program are required to have health insurance.
Immunization Records Release
The Request for Immunization Records Release form (pdf) can be used to request a copy of your immunization records on file in Health Services. We maintain your student medical records for up to 10 years after your matriculation to Trinity University or from the date of your last visit to Health Services, whichever is later.
You may obtain your immunization records by submitting the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing to 210-999-8378.
Study Abroad Questionnaire
All students participating in a study abroad program must first submit a pre-physical exam questionnaire form and then undergo a physical exam. To schedule your physical exam appointment with the University Physician.
Students are required to complete and submit the pre-physical questionnaire to Health Services before the physical appointment with the physician can be scheduled. This questionnaire and subsequent exam will satisfy the requirement for a pre-travel physical and/or letter of good health.