Department/Program: Physics & Astronomy
Semester: Fall 2021
Course(s) to be taught: PHYS 1111-2, PHYS 1111-4 & PHYS 1111-6 at the following days/times: Mondays: 7 – 9:45pm, Tuesdays 7:00 - 9:45 PM and Thursdays 12:45 – 3:25pm
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Mastery of the relevant subject matter
- Ability to deliver engaging lectures, discussions, or in-class activities
- Commitment to the liberal arts mission of Trinity University
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical responsibilities of part-time faculty members include but are not limited to:
- Assigning and grading lab materials as specified in lab manual
- Designing and delivering lecture to accompany lab
- Follow instructions from Lead Lab faculty member
- Be a good steward of lab equipment
- Assigning early, midterm, and final grades in compliance with University deadlines
- Making student accommodations as determined by the Office of Student Accessibility Services
- Adhering to all instructional policies as published in the Faculty and Contract Staff Handbook and the Courses of Study Bulletin
Position is temporary lasting from 2 to 4 weeks.
M.S. in Physics, Engineering, or a related area.
This requirement can also be met with at least 3 years relevant experience.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and names and contact information for three professional references to the contact listed below.
Department of Physics & Astronomy
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran