Trinity University is seeking a Visiting Assistant Professor in History for the Spring 2022 Semester.
- January 1 – May 30
Duties and Responsibilities
Semester: Spring 2022
Course to be taught: HIST1332-1 Medieval History MWF 1.30-2.20
This is an introductory-level course.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate
- Mastery of the relevant subject matter
- Ability to deliver engaging lectures, discussions and/or in-class activities
- Commitment to the liberal arts mission of Trinity University
Duties & responsibilities
Typical responsibilities of part-time faculty members include but are not limited to:
- Assigning reading and other activities and grading assignments
- Designing and delivering lectures
- Assigning early, midterm, and final grades in compliance with University deadlines
- Making student accommodations as determined by the Office of Student Accessibility Services
- Adhering to all instructional policies as published in the Faculty and Contract Staff Handbook and the Courses of Study Bulletin
- Dissertation in Medieval History preferred or at least 3 years of prior teaching experience in medieval history.
How to apply
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran