Performs a variety of skilled duties in support of the operation, repair, and maintenance of University buildings and equipment, including carpentry repairs and the maintenance of electrical and plumbing systems.
Monday - Friday
Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes electrical repairs, such as replacing ballast, cover plates, switches, duplex outlets, light fixtures, circuit breakers, etc.
- Makes carpentry repairs, such as repairing ceiling tiles, door hardware, doors, molding, curtain rods, venetian blinds, cabinets, shelves, and furniture repairs.
- Makes plumbing repairs, such as replacing faucets, drains, joints, and traps; cleaning drains; repairing leaks; and other minor plumbing problems.
- Performs HVAC maintenance and repair, such as changing and cleaning filters, cleaning coils, cleaning grills, draining lines, cleaning furnaces, checking for gas leaks, inspect mechanical rooms, add chemicals to central plant systems and log operating status of central plant equipment. May change motors, as needed.
- Assists electricians, plumbers, HVAC mechanics, carpenters, and painters on major projects, as needed.
- Prepares material list for work orders and bench stock items to make minor repairs and maintains University facilities.
- Maintains records, documenting time and materials expended on service calls and work orders.
- Responsible for maintaining the grounds and irrigation system.
- Cleans job site upon completion of the project.
- Keeps tools and equipment clean and maintained in proper order for the next job.
- Sets up scaffolding, makes minor exterior repairs to facilities, such as flashing, roofs, siding, window glass, awnings, hand rails, steps, and walkways.
- Drives authorized vehicles to perform various duties.
- Performs other duties, such as picking up supplies from vendors, delivering to job site, loading and unloading, and other duties as required.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and interact with confidence, patience and integrity to provide professional leadership during emergencies.
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as required.
Employee must hold a valid Texas Driver’s License.
A minimum of five years experience in construction and/or maintenance.
More than five years of experience and/or previous university residence hall experience. Journey-level experience in at least one of the following trades: HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, or electricity.
Equipment common to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and air conditioning and heating trades.
Accurate in all phases of work performed
High school graduate or its equivalent
Vocational/Technical training in one or more related fields.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Working conditions include exposure to mechanical, electrical, or chemical hazards, confined spaces and/or outdoor work in inclement weather.
- Must have good physical stamina.
- Ability to bend and stoop repeatedly; to stand and/or walk for extended time periods; and to maneuver into unusual positions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds daily and up to 75 pounds periodically.
- Ability to climb and work from a 6 foot ladder on a consistent basis and periodically from a 40 foot ladder and scaffold that reaches up to 60 feet.
How to apply
1 Trinity Place
San Antonio TX 78212
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran