Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in computational biochemistry or biophysics. The job aims at understanding molecular mechanisms of amyloid diseases from multiscale simulations of protein aggregation on lipid membranes. The work includes constructing protein and membrane structures with different spatial resolutions, performing molecular dynamics simulations using high performance computing, and analyzing data to study protein binding, protein folding, and protein-induced membrane disruption.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Constructing protein/lipid molecular complexes for MD simulations
- Performing MD simulations on high performance computers
- Analyzing simulated data using in-house scripts and MD simulation software
This is a grant-funded position.
- Over 3 years to 5 years experience
- MD simulations experience in studying biomolecular complexes.
- Programming experience in building molecules and analyzing simulation data.
- MD simulations using GROMACS and AMBER programs in studying protein and lipid complexes.
- Programming in Python and Shell languages using command line.
- Building lipid membranes and protein with different spatial resolutions
- Using Molecular Simulation software for MD simulations and data analysis
- Creating computer programs for constructing and analyzing biomolecular complexes
- Multiscale Molecular Dynamics Simulations of biomolecules
- Molecular visualization and construction of protein and lipid complexes
- Lipid membrane structure and phase properties
- Protein and lipid chemistry and biophysics
- Programming using Python or similar language
- Biophysics of Protein/lipid interactions
A Ph.D. degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field in computational biophysics or biochemistry
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran