Serves as the primary point of public contact for the Office of the Registrar. Answers phones, monitors office email, greets and provides services to a wide variety of constituents, including students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff and visitors. Uses various student information systems and databases, assists with processing academic records, including course withdrawals, course registrations/adds/drops, enrollment status verifications, transcripts, degree certifications, and other academic records. Oversees departmental purchasing, tracks the operating budget, and provides general administrative assistance to the Registrar, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations may be made as required. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as a primary point of public contact for the Office of the Registrar. Answers telephones, greets visitors, and responds to email inquiries. Responds to large volume of emails received in the departmental mailbox.
- Uses a student information system, Colleague and a document imaging system, ImageNow, to access data and respond to requests from students, faculty, and staff. Researches and provides historical course descriptions requested by alumni and representatives from other institutions.
- Processes all student requests to allow parental access to education records, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) consent forms. Protects the confidentiality of student records in accordance with FERPA regulations.
- Oversees all purchasing functions for the office with attention to fiscal responsibility. Prepares budget reports and track operating budgets. Reconciles charges made using departmental purchasing cards.
- Coordinates travel applications, reimbursements, and makes travel arrangements.
- Advises students and parents regarding academic policy and procedure. Explains procedures and services provided by the Office of the Registrar.
- Assists students and faculty by processing course withdrawals, cancellations, and exceptions to policy.
- Prepares and distributes academic Dean’s Letters to students, parents and academic advisors.
- Assists with data entry and editing the schedule of classes each semester.
- Coordinates the common exam schedule with various academic departments.
- Uses word processing, spreadsheets and database management programs to perform specific tasks, as assigned. Produces, updates, and prints office forms. Maintains an adequate supply of forms.
- Provides administrative support to the management team and Registrar.
- Assists in advising students regarding course selection and schedule adjustments as needed during the registration and add/drop period. Removes registration holds on student records.
- Serves as a backup for processing transcript requests, enrollment verifications, degree certifications, address changes, name changes, and other student data on Colleague.
- Assists with commencement activities.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and interact with confidence, patience and integrity to provide professional leadership during emergencies.
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as required.
Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements are an essential requirement of this position, including working all full- time regular hours as established by the supervisor in addition to any scheduled or emergency overtime.
Assists in supervising student workers.
Specific and general instruction from supervisor, either verbally or in writing. Operates independently for most routine matters.
- One year of general administrative experience in a professional office setting, including customer service and contact with the public.
- Experience communicating effectively and professionally with constituents in writing, in person, and by telephone.
- One to two years in a college or university Registrar or other enrollment services office.
- Recent experience using a student records managements system.
- Experience communicating effectively with students and faculty.
- Good typing skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Windows. Knowledge of Colleague SIS and Perceptive Content.
- Student records management systems.
- Student records management practices and systems. Communicating.
- Convey exceptional customer service, attention to detail, and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized records with superior attention to detail. Knowledge of student records management practices.
- Experience communicating effectively with students and faculty.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work. Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
High School Diploma or GED.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Bending, carrying, hearing, reacting, reading, standing, sitting, talking, using both feet, using both hands, walking, writing, ability to lift boxes at times in excess of 30 pounds, and mild physical demands required.
General office environment Works in loud noise.
May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, infectious and communicable diseases or biological agents.
How to apply
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran