The Associate Director of Donor Relations works to deepen donor relationships and engagement with Trinity University by fostering lasting relationships between Trinity and those who generously support the institution. The Associate Director of Donor Relations executes a comprehensive donor relations program focused on the cultivation and stewardship of major gift level donors. The Associate Director of Donor Relations is responsible for implementing Trinity’s major gift donor recognition, events, and other opportunities for donor engagement as well as growing our stewardship efforts for corporate donors. This role works to ensure that stewardship policies, procedures and protocols are followed efficiently and in a timely manner while also celebrating our donors for their generous support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the recognition of major gifts. Work with the Director of Donor Relations to develop and maintain a recognition policy for gifts from $25,000 to $1,000,000, including communication strategies, recognition receptions/dinners and naming opportunities.
- Manage luncheons and events to bring together donors with students and faculty, including the annual Scholarship Reception.
- Assist the Director of Donor Relations to create endowment reports, including gathering information and correspondence from students and faculty.
- Coordinate the annual Endowment Investment Report in conjunction with Strategic Communications and Marketing and the University Investments Office
- Manage reporting and student coordination for scholarships
- Manage stewardship and reporting relating to Class Partners, a leadership giving annual scholarship support program.
- Coordinate stewardship of the Trinity University Business Affiliates, stewardship program for Trinity’s corporate donors.
- Promote internal communication regarding major donors.
- Provide general stewardship of major donors and prospects.
- Communicate information to donors in response to specific inquiries.
- Manage mailings of correspondence to constituents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to the Director of Donor Relations
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours
- 3 to 5 years of experience in donor relations
- Excellent written and verbal communications, analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines are essential
- Creative and flexible with ability to prioritize time sensitive assignments
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with staff, students, alumni, and administrators.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work independently as a leader and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Use of Google Drive and other Google sharing software; specifically Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Use of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- General office environment
- May sometimes work evenings and weekends.
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran