Provides advanced administrative and clerical support to the departments of the CSI, requiring independent judgment, specialized knowledge and coordination of office functions in a team setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages and monitors departmental/grant/faculty start-up budget accounts on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, including tracking of purchasing cards, all receipts, and reconciliation.
- Organizes, schedules, and secures travel arrangements for faculty and staff and reconciles travel budget upon return.
- Procurement of, and reimbursement for, new equipment, property and services to the department and faculty within.
- Compiles, assembles and manages data for reports pertaining to students, grant funds usage, alumni, and various other purposes (CSAR, TRANS, XMAJ, SWIM, SROS, NAE and SPRO, Class Climate).
- Organizes, schedules, and runs special events including room reservation, catering, and budget tracking.
- Assists faculty members with various activities (graphic design, calendar management, webpages, classroom access, textbooks, supplies, copies, scans, binding, photography, and proctor exams).
- Prepares for major’s seminar/colloquiums by taking care of refreshments, distributing posters/flyers, gathering all information for payment of honorarium, preparing DPO to pay honorarium and any expenses. Prepares forms to reimburse faculty for entertainment of speaker, and arrange lodging and travel.
- Forecasts needs for student workers: advertises, recruits, interviews, hires, trains and manages students for grading, lab assistant, office duties and research assistance.
- Assists with annual inventory and proper turn in of obsolete furniture and equipment.
- Assists the Science Facilities Manager and Department Chairs in accomplishing numerous varied projects and duties at departmental, division, and university levels.
- Assists with faculty searches (high demand activity when in process).
- Answers phones, takes messages, makes appointments and provides information to visitors and callers.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and interact with confidence, patience and integrity to provide professional leadership during emergencies.
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements are an essential requirement of this position, including working all full- time regular hours as established by the supervisor in addition to any scheduled or emergency overtime.
- Assists in supervising student workers.
- One year of administrative/clerical experience.
- Three years of administrative/clerical experience.
- Use and knowledge of computer (Microsoft Word and Excel), word processing programs, online and cloud based file management systems, and other standard office machines.
- Proficient in the use of English, business math, and spelling.
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Windows.
- Cloud Based File Management Systems
- Word processing programs
- Online Colleague
- High School Diploma or GED.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and have a good driving history.
- May not have more than two moving violations in a three-year period.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- General office environment.
How to apply
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran