The Annual Giving Officer, will expand Trinity’s volunteer fundraising program and craft a new emphasis on building affinity groups for Annual Giving. This position will assist in expanding volunteers and alumni engagement through Trinity’s established reunion giving program. Collaborate with and report to the Director of Annual Giving Programs to develop and implement plans to meet and increase annual giving revenue and alumni engagement goals. Some travel will be required. Train volunteers as peer-to-peer fundraisers. Utilize creativity, strategic thinking and storytelling writing skills to develop customized fundraising campaigns, descriptive narratives and volunteer stewardship. Additional traits include conversational skills, strong volunteer recruitment, stewardship and managerial acumen and customer service orientation. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and mission-driven by exuding contagious enthusiasm for the University, while accomplishing tasks without daily supervision.
Satisfying minimum attendance requirements is an essential function of this position, including working all full-time regular hours as established for this position and any scheduled or emergency overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with recruitment, selection, training and motivation of reunion volunteers for 5th - 45th reunion classes.
- Collaborates with Annual Giving, SCM and Alumni Relations teams to create mailings, e-solicitations and social media outreach to encourage engagement and giving.
- Work with Department Chairs to develop, design, write and implement yearly solicitations for the Department.
- Assists the Director of Annual Giving Programs in the implementation of their strategic plan for each reunion class to reach fundraising and participation goals.
- Assists in analyzing results and reports updates to volunteers.
- Collaborates with affinity groups on campus to develop a solicitation plan for their event along with writing the appeal requests and partnering with SCM to schedule the appeal.
- Design a comprehensive affinity giving program. Recruit and train key individuals for progressively responsible volunteer service.
- Participates is developing a cultivation and solicitation strategy for assigned and prospective donors with the purpose of securing appointments for personal visits, cultivation and solicitations.
- Partner with the Major Gifts, Alumni Relations, and Advancement Services to build reunion and affinity solicitation plans.
- Coordinate with Annual Giving to develop direct mail appeals and Phonation scripts for assigned.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and comply with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Serve on university committees as needed.
- Cooperate and collaborate with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality as well as comply with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours and weekends.
- Willing to travel on behalf of Trinity University.
- Three to five years’ experience as a development professional.
- Experience in managing class-giving, alumni, or membership programs.
- Experience with affinity groups or class agent programs.
- Experienced volunteer or experience with nonprofit volunteer organizations
- Experience working in a nonprofit fundraising department or a fast-paced customer service business such as public relations or marketing.
- More than five years of experience.
- Previous experience in higher education office with volunteer management experience.
- Self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and experience organizing, coordinating, and developing programs and activities with and for volunteers, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Unquestioned personal integrity, credibility, maturity, independent initiative as well as an ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of annual giving fundraising, donor information systems, and databases.
- Understanding and appreciation of a private liberal arts education.
- Knowledge of Micro Soft and Google Suite, Colleague/CRM and EverTrue
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Master's degree
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs occasionally.
- Experience operating a golf cart.
- General office conditions.
How to apply
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran