As a Donor Relations Coordinator you will work to deepen donor relationships and engagement with Trinity University by fostering lasting relationships between Trinity and those who generously support the institution. The Donor Relations Coordinator assists with a wide array of mainly annual giving focused stewardship activities and donor communications, including but not limited to Trinity True recognition society, gift acknowledgements, donor recognition events, endowment reporting, and correspondence all with the goal of increasing donor retention. The Donor Relations Coordinator works to build and sustain positive relationships between Trinity and its donors.
Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements are an essential requirement of this position, including working all full-time regular hours as established by the supervisor in addition to any scheduled or emergency overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with management of Consecutive Giving Program, Trinity True, including tracking donors and recognition items.
- Assist with endowment report content generation and mailing.
- Coordinate with the Annual Giving department to manage the first-time donor acknowledgement program and Order of the Tiger Athletic donor stewardship program.
- Manage the gift acknowledgement and honor/memorial notification process, including video stewardship for donors.
- Coordinate stewardship of the Trinity University Associates, including mailing welcome packets, thank you letters, and tracking renewals.
- Coordinate creation and mailing of quarterly Giving Investment Report.
- Participate in the execution of stewardship events, by managing the registration process including set-up and RSVPs and offering logistical support for events.
- Communicate information to donors in response to specific inquiries, including composing and coordinating mailings of correspondence to constituents as needed.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and interact with confidence, patience and integrity to provide professional leadership during emergencies.
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Assists in supervising student workers.
- Specific and general instruction from supervisor, either verbally or in writing. Operates independently for most routine matters.
- No previous experience.
- 0 to 3 years of experience in donor relations, with preference for those with experience in higher education and development.
- Creative and flexible with ability to prioritize time sensitive assignments
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with staff, students, alumni, and administrators.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work independently as a leader and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Use of Google Drive and other Google sharing software; specifically Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Use of Microsoft Office ( Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, and Word)
- Personal integrity, credibility, maturity and work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, analytical and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and have a good driving history. May not have more than two moving violations in a three-year period.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds
- General office environment
How to apply
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for 5 business days and exempt staff positions for 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. However, postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University also reserves the right to close the posting if a qualified applicant pool has been received.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws. Read Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran