Since the announcement that DOCUmation won the bid for Managed Services and Specialty Printing services, faculty and staff raised the questions, “Now what? When will the transition take place and what should we expect?"
Timeline of events:
- September: Announcement that DOCUmation was awarded the contract
- October: Contract finalization and multifunction printer walkthrough
- Ricoh's final day on campus is November 30
- Trinity's on-site DOCUmation staff member hired
- PEP team outreach to heads of departments and offices to coordinate multifunction printer swap and training. The team will work on a case-by-case basis to minimize disruption.
- December 1: DOCUmation's specialty printing request portal goes live to ensure there's no gap in service
- Week of December 18:
- Ricoh will begin moving out all their equipment from the Coates Library location
- Tentative swap of multifunction printers and training for staff
- January/February: Tentative swap of multifunction printers and training for faculty
"The PEP team has been working in the background to ensure there's no gap in printing services for campus," says Wes Gordon, director of process improvement and portfolio management. "Faculty, students, and staff will continue to use Ricoh's specialty printing services until the end of November. On December 1, we will introduce the online submission form."
Need specialty printing before the end of the semester? You're covered.
- If you have a specialty printing request for items like yard signs or foam board posters, continue to submit these to Mary Love at Ricoh@trinity.edu by November 15 to ensure adequate time to complete the job.
- For all other specialty printing requests, submit these to Mary Love at Ricoh@trinity.edu before Thanksgiving break.
We want to also take this opportunity to thank Mary Love for her years of service at Trinity and her dedication to providing our community with specialty printing. We wish Mary all the best in her next endeavor with Ricoh.
Visit the project website for more details about the transition to DOCUmation, what to expect, anticipated processes, and how to contact the team with questions or concerns.
Project details are developing so please check back and let us know what questions you have at PEP@trinity.edu so we can make sure they are addressed.