As Trinity University continues its robust Digital Transformation (DX) initiative, the DX team shares updates to and progress on summer initiatives.
“I want to extend my appreciation for the Herculean amount of work that has been done thus far with Workday HCM and Finance, and Salesforce Advancement. There is more on the horizon that is important for the campus to know about,” says Gary Logan, vice president for Finance and Administration. “The overarching goal of our digital transformation program is to replace outdated systems with ones that will improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and faculty, students, staff, and donor satisfaction with our processes for HR, Finance, Student Information Systems, and Advancement.”
What's in the works?
- The Trinity DX website is getting a facelift for August.
- Student Information System architecture and configuration started.
- Canvas LMS training continues.
- Workday HCM and Finance Post-Go Live assessments and improvements will be put into action.
Post-Go Live Support and Improvement
Workday HCM is now six months post-implementation and Finance celebrated its first anniversary this month. Let's face it: Learning the ins and outs of Workday has been rocky. At these six-month and one-year milestones, the Offices of Human Resources and Finance are working to assess current campus satisfaction and prioritize recommended action steps for improvement. This will occur in August. Despite lessons learned, we have already seen the following successes:
- Payroll is administered through Workday.
- Workday user interface is more modern and accessible than Colleague.
- Processes in Finance and HR are digitized and more automated.
- Workday is able to integrate more seamlessly with existing systems.
Be on the lookout for a survey that will help the Offices of Human Resources and Finance continue supporting faculty and staff as we become fluent in these new processes.
Upcoming Post-Go Live Activities:
- Fall '23: faculty and staff satisfaction and usage survey to assess satisfaction and prioritize action steps forward.