This degree provides exceptional preparation for a scientific career, including coursework in all major areas of chemistry, extensive laboratory experience, and seminar. Research is required for this degree, which is certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Professionally certified by the American Chemical Society
- Exceptional facilities and state-of-the-art instrumentation
- Highly research-active faculty supervise a large undergraduate research program
- Graduates regularly gain entrance to top Ph.D. programs and to medical school
What You'll Study
Study all chemistry disciplines, theory, instructional labs, seminar, and research
Professors who prioritize research with Trinity students
The chemistry faculty's expertise spans all the major subdisciplines of chemistry—analytical, biochemical, inorganic, organic, and physical—and instructors are eager to work closely with students on exciting projects at the frontier of chemical research.
Trinity’s highly active undergraduate chemistry research prepares students through hands-on learning.
When You Graduate
Competitive for PhD programs, health professions, and other scientific careers
The chemistry major is designed to prepare students to become professional chemists. Our rigorous curriculum, approved by the American Chemical Society, prepares graduates for the chemistry profession and for advanced study leading to a PhD.
Whether they attend a PhD program, enroll in medical, dental, or veterinary school, or join the workforce, graduates leave Trinity with a thorough foundation in chemistry and extensive, relevant experience.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Harvard University
- Northwestern University
- Rice University
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Wisconsin at Madison
- Research and development
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- Dow Chemical Company
- Southwest Research Institute