Students engage in a distinctive curriculum that emphasizes application of economic principles through real-world experiences and global opportunities. Students choose from six distinct tracks for majors: theoretical economics, economics and law, economics and business, international economics, economics and public policy, and general economics.
- Ranked top-20 nationally in doctorates per graduate
- The Nobel Economists Lecture series brings Nobel Laureates in Economics to engage with students on campus
- Vast alumni network provides opportunities for students and recent graduates
- Scholarships and honorable awards recognize current students
What You'll Study
A diverse curriculum tailored to your interests
Our faculty are betting on you and your future
Faculty in the department of economics create unique and personalized opportunities for students that range from research and internships to community outreach and study abroad.
Inside and outside the classroom, our students stand out
When You Graduate
Easily market yourself
Some graduates of the economics major choose to pursue higher degrees in relevant fields such as law or business. Others combine their economics B.A. with unique interests and forge their own paths in entrepreneurship, health care, and more.
Graduates are prepared for a wide range of future careers. Many have entered leading Ph.D. programs in economics and public policy, and even received fellowships. Others have entered the banking industry, joined business ventures, or conducted research.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- UC Berkeley
- UC Davis
- UC San Diego
- University of Chicago Economics
- Public Policy
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- City of Austin
- Federal Reserve Board of Governors in Washington, D.C.
- First Solar
- Lockheed Martin
- Morgan Stanley