Overview

Design is our Differentiator

Trinity's B.S. in engineering science focuses on teaching analysis and design. Combined with our development of communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, this differentiates us from other engineering programs. We emphasize a deep, fundamental understanding of the physical sciences, mathematics, and engineering science, though students may also choose to specialize in chemical, electrical, or mechanical engineering through elective courses.

Student watching wood cutting machine work

Fast Facts


 One of the nation's top-ranked, ABET-accredited undergraduate engineering programs.


 Design sequence present in all eight semesters.


 Common core curriculum blends the best of the liberal arts.


 About a third of our graduates go on to top graduate programs.


What You'll Study

Faculty

Learn alongside accessible mentors

Trinity faculty emphasize creativity, critical thinking, and the development of decision-making skills. They act as mentors and advisers to their students, knowing them well enough to act as advocates for them both on campus and when pursuing internships, jobs, and graduate applications.


Farzan Aminian
Farzan Aminian, Ph.D.
Department Chair
Professor
Jack Leifer
Jack Leifer, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Danny Munoz-Pinto
Dany Munoz-Pinto, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Kevin Nickels
Kevin Nickels, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
" "
Joshua D. Schwartz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Wilson Terrell
Wilson Terrell Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Emma Treadway
Emma Treadway, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
" "
Deryck Yeung, Ph.D.
Visiting Professor

Student Opportunities

Hands-on laboratories and intensive design prepare students for a rapidly-changing field

Scholarships

The department offers multiple scholarships such as the Margaret Jean Abernathy Scholarship and the Swalm Scholarships to support students in...

Student Projects

Trinity's engineering program provides significant hands-on experience in engineering laboratories and participation in intensive design projects.

Research Opportunities

Trinity’s engineering science department provides opportunities for mentorship, collaboration opportunities, and courses which focus on research in a...

Study Abroad

The engineering science department has identified several opportunities at universities in Australia and New Zealand, where students can take...

Facilities

Engineering students have access to on-campus facilities including the Centene innovation and design studio, the control systems laboratory, the...

Student Awards and Recognition

Trinity engineering science students regularly enter their projects in local, national, and international design contests, and a number of those...

When You Graduate

Join a strong network of innovative problem-solvers

The engineering science program is ideal preparation for careers in creative engineering design, engineering research and development, and investigative engineering. Many choose to further their career through professional engineer (P.E.) registration and licensing. Engineering science graduates also attend nationally recognized graduate schools.

Careers

Approximately 65 percent of our graduates go directly into industry and business, while the remaining 35 percent enter top rated graduate schools in electrical, chemical, or mechanical engineering. Some graduates have opted to continue their studies at medical school or law school.

Career Areas:

  • Creative engineering design
  • Engineering research and development
  • Investigative engineering

 Graduate Schools or Programs:

  • Stanford
  • Georgia Tech
  • University of Minnesota
  • University of Texas at Austin
  • University of California, Berkeley
  • University of Texas Southwest Medical Center at Dallas
  • University of Texas Law School

Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:

  • IBM
  • Boeing
  • Dow Chemical
  • SAIC
  • Advanced Micro Devices
  • United Space Alliance
  • Texas Instruments
  • McDonnell Douglas
  • Southwest Research Institute
  • Columbia Industries
  • Lockheed Martin
  • Space X
  • Apple
  • Google

 


Take the next step

Have more questions or want more information? Learn more about becoming a Tiger, and how you can accelerate what’s next for your education.