Express yourself! Put pen to paper and idea to word with a minor in creative writing at Trinity University. As they experiment with character development, metrical schemes, and memoir research, students who minor in creative writing innovate expression.
- Trinity is the only university in San Antonio offering a minor in Creative Writing
- The Trinity Review offers hands-on editing and publishing experience
- 1966: A Journal of Creative Nonfiction is staffed by students and faculty
- The Expositor is an integral part of the undergraduate humanities and English experience
What You'll Study
Design a course of study that includes poetry writing, fiction writing, creative nonfiction writing, and more.
Expertise spanning decades and disciplines.
Creative writing faculty span the Departments of English, Communication, Modern Languages and Literatures, and Human Communication and Theatre, and their expertise spans decades and disciplines.
Turn fiction into reality through hands-on experiences.
When You Graduate
The Writing Life
Creative writing graduates have published award-winning books, placed works in nationally renowned journals and magazines, won prestigious fellowships, and been accepted into many of the top M.F.A. programs in the country.
Our graduates have found jobs working for major publishing houses, writing for network television shows, and teaching creative writing on the college level.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- NYU MFA
- Ohio State University MFA
- Syracuse University MFA
- University of Iowa Writers’ Workshop
- University of Michigan MFA
- Marketing and Advertising
- Writing and Editing
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- Gemini Ink
- Sports Illustrated
- The University of Texas at Austin