Trinity’s Russian program includes three components: language courses at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels; literature courses in both Russian and English; and culture courses in both Russian and English, including cinema, folklore, history, and the arts in their historical context.
- Students generally enter the program with no knowledge of Russian, but leave with the ability to read, summarize, and discuss both literary texts and articles from the Russian press.
- Study abroad in Russia.
- Participate in the Russian Club.
- Earn honors in Modern Languages and Literatures by writing an honors thesis.
What You'll Study
An in-depth look at Russian language, culture, and literature
Connecting students to global Russian communities
Faculty don’t just bring Russian culture to the classroom—they connect students to real Russian communities around the world, providing opportunities for study abroad in the Russian Federation and study in domestic language immersion programs.
Life beyond the language.
When You Graduate
Prepared for a competitive global environment
Armed with an extensive knowledge of Russian language and the opportunities to study abroad, students are well-prepared to go on to graduate studies, launch careers in Russian marketplaces, or work for the government or NGOs.
Graduates of the program have successfully moved on to a variety of pursuits, including graduate studies, government service, further language study, law school, or employment with American firms in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- Fordham University Law School
- George Bush School of Public Policy at Texas A&M
- University of Texas LBJ
- International business
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- US State Department
- United States Foreign Service
- US Military
- US Peace Corps
Take the next step
Have more questions or want more information? Learn more about becoming a Tiger, and how you can accelerate what’s next for your education.