The major in religion introduces students to the diversity of religious commitments, practices, and beliefs globally and equips them with the necessary tools to investigate, analyze, and communicate the role of religion in society.
- Students engage religious traditions from across the globe and throughout history, including Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Native American religions.
- Students visit with diverse religious communities in San Antonio as an integral part of their education.
- Religion students regularly receive funding for undergraduate research and for travel for research and conferences
- Students publish research alongside faculty
What You'll Study
Methods and insights to think through religious questions, claims, and social aspects
Expertise in the critical study of religion
Faculty cover religions from across the globe, historically and in the present, to answer critical questions about religion in culture and society.
Fostering communities of inquiry
When You Graduate
Prepared to tackle the world’s challenges
Religion majors graduate with skills in critical thinking and analytic writing that will serve them well in any career. Students with a degree in religion pursue and excel at careers in government, education, law, business, and medicine.
Religion majors use their skills for social and cultural good.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- M.A./Ph.D. in Religious Studies
- Medical School
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Business Administration
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Psychological counseling
- Social work
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- Bashop Jewish Community Center of San Antonio
- Dallas Children's Advocacy Center
- Fulbright and Jaworski
- Mission Presbytery
- NBC Sports Regional
- Office of the Secretary of State
- Texas Parks and Wildlife
Take the next step
Have more questions or want more information? Learn more about becoming a Tiger, and how you can accelerate what’s next for your education.