Up to $10,000, annually
Competitive, merit-based, renewable scholarships for art students.
Baker Duncan Special Talent Scholarships are awarded to meritorious incoming First-Year and transfer students who are interested in pursuing a major in studio art.
Who is eligible:
Undergraduate, entering first-year and transfer students planning to pursue a major in studio art.
Who is not eligible:
Continuing or graduate students
How to Apply
Submit your online application.
Oct. 1, 2021
Feb. 7, 2022
Gather your application packet material
Application packets must include the following:
Please include your contact information:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
10-15 digital images of your artwork
Artworks may be in any medium. Images should represent the work as accurately as possible. Each image should be saved as a .jpeg with a file size not exceeding 3MB. Label your images as follows: 01 Your Name, 02 Your Name, etc.
An image list.
Please provide separately a list of images with your name at the top. The image list should be numbered (to correspond with the number on the .jpeg file name); for each image on the list, include the title, materials/media, and dimensions.
Submit your application packet
Feb. 7, 2022
- Renewable annually for up to 8 semesters
- Recipient must become and remain a major in studio art
- Award recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Academic progress is reviewed at the end of each academic year
- Must be enrolled full-time for each semester
- Scholarships are applied toward fall and spring tuition only, and are not available for summer study.
- Recipients are selected without regard to income.