The Trinity University Women's and Girl's Leadership Summit will offer young women and girls an opportunity to connect with talented women leaders from around the world in a three-day event of learning, inspiration, and networking. Presented by H-E-B in association with Trinity University, the Women's and Girls' Leadership Summit will kick off 6 p.m., Thursday, April 27 with a reception and presentations at the Éilan Hotel & Spa. The program features a welcome from Mayor Ivy Taylor and her daughter, Morgan, and presentations by Celebrity Chef and author Jeff Henderson and activist and award-winning social entrepreneur Caroline Casey.
Day two of the summit features compelling workshops with experts on topics that range from network building, to stress reduction, to managing money. The workshops take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, April 28 in the Coates Student Center on the Trinity campus. For a complete list of workshop speakers and topics visit the Trinity Women's & Girls' Leadership Summit website.
The Summit's keynote presentations will begin at 8:30 a.m., Saturday, April 29 in Trinity's Laurie Auditorium. Day three of the Summit offers an opportunity to connect with and empower talented women and girls while engaging with renowned experts on topics of entrepreneurship, empowerment, truth-telling, leadership, and success. Keynote presentations include:
- Jennifer Hyman, “The Dress is just the Beginning – The Experience Economy.” Hyman is chief executive officer and co-founder of Rent the Runways, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer dress and accessory rentals a convenient and accessible experience.
- Katherine Center, “How to get Better Instead of Bitter.” Center is a novelist and author of six bittersweet comic novels about love and family. She loves to speak about writing and reading, and why stories matter.
- Glennon Doyle Melton, “The Truth about Perfection.” Melton is a best-selling author and founder of Momastery.com, an online community where readers meet daily to experience her inspiring and hilarious essays about marriage, motherhood, faith, addiction, recovery, and serving the marginalized.
- Kah Walla, “Embracing Power: Essential to Making Change in the World.” A Cameroonian political leader, activists, and entrepreneur, Walla is internationally recognized for her expertise in leadership and strategy, her understanding of Africa's development issues, and her strong stance for women and youth.
- Mel Robbins, “The Exciting New Science Behind Women, Success & Work.” Robbins is a best-selling author of The 5 Second Rule: Transform Your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage. She is also an award-winning on-air analysts for CNN and of CNN.com's most prolific opinion writers.
The Trinity University Women's Leadership Summit is open to the public, but tickets are required and can be purchased by registering online. Lunch is included both days of the Summit. More information is available at www.trinitywomensleadership.com or on Facebook page: Trinity University Women's and Girls' Leadership Summit.