Advance Your Education
"Which degree is right for me?" For those who desire to continue their studies in graduate or professional school, use Trinity’s career services to help prepare your application checklist, search application resources, and understand program rankings.
Graduate schools award master’s degrees and Ph.D.s in a wide variety of programs of study.
Professional schools award degrees required for specific careers such as law, medicine, veterinary, optometry, and dentistry.
Have no fear,
Career Advisers are here to...
- Assist students with program interview prep
- Help develop search and application plans and timelines
- Review professional materials
- Review personal asks for letters of recommendation
Graduate and Professional School Application Checklist
Research and Deadliness
- Check deadlines, noting early admissions typically occur between November and January.
- Research programs through conversations with program faculty and alumni, and your career adviser.
- Participate in the Graduate and Professional School Fair at Trinity.
Registration and Interviews
- Register for the necessary entrance exams for your program. Take the GRE, MCA, CMAT, or LSAT during the summer before your senior year, and take practice exams in the semesters prior to that.
- Schedule an interview to participate in Professional Practice Interview Days.
- Finalize the number of schools to which you will apply and schedule a visit to your top 2-3 choices.
Complete Your Applications
- Prepare your personal statement, resume, and other application materials to be reviewed by a career adviser and faculty member 6-8 weeks prior to application deadlines.
- Request letters of reference 4-6 weeks prior to application deadlines.
- Investigate the possibility of financial assistance in the form of fellowships, assistantships, scholarships, and loans.
Career Services provides assistance in preparation for graduate and professional school exams, including:
Everything there is to know about the American Dental Association and the Dental Admissions Test is available online at the ADA website
Visit the ETS website to learn more and pick up a registration booklet from the Career Services office.
This exam is required for admission into most business degree programs. Print resources are available in the Career Services Resource Area, and digital resources are available online.
Find out all the information you need about the LSAT test and the Law School Admissions Council online, or learn more about Trinity’s Pre-Law Advising Program.
Medical school admissions test information is available through Trinity's Department of Biology. Students interested in medical fields can be assisted in the application process by the faculty members of the Health Careers Advisory Committee.
Learn about different Pharmacy schools as well as information about how to register and review for the Pharmacy College Admissions Test.
Kaplan prepares students for entrance exams to graduate school. Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions also offers private tutoring and one-on-one admissions guidance.
The Princeton Review
Find test prep courses, news articles, contests, scholarship/grant links, and graduate school search.