I. Departmental Requirements
The Anthropology major consists of 33 credit hours to be taken as follows:
- ANTH-1301 and one of the following courses: ANTH-1305 or ANTH-2310.
- Required courses: ANTH-2401 and ANTH-3359.
- At least one of the following courses: ANTH-3361, ANTH-3365, or ANTH-3460.
- At least one of the following courses in archaeology or physical anthropology: ANTH-3335, ANTH-3356, ANTH-3466, and ANTH-4354. ANTH-3394 and ANTH-4394 may also fulfill this requirement if approved by the department chair.
- At least one of the following courses in cultural anthropology: ANTH-2339, ANTH-2357, ANTH-3327, ANTH-3428, ANTH-3329, ANTH-3331, ANTH-3343, ANTH-3345, ANTH-3445, ANTH-3446, ANTH-3448, ANTH-3349, ANTH-3452, ANTH-3355, ANTH-3367, and ANTH-3464. ANTH-3394 and ANTH-4394 may also fulfill this requirement if approved by the department chair.
- At least 23 hours must be in upper division anthropology courses chosen in consultation with the adviser. At least 27 hours of the 33 hours required for the Anthropology major must be completed in residence at Trinity University. ANTH-2401, ANTH-3359, and ANTH-3460 or ANTH-3461 or ANTH-3365 must be completed in residence at Trinity University.
Students in one of the two disciplines who choose to double major in the other may have no more than nine hours of overlap between the two disciplines.
II. University Requirements
Completion of all other required elements of the Pathways curriculum and at least 120 credit hours.
Requirements for graduating with major honors
Students will be eligible to graduate with Major Honors if they have fulfilled all the following requirements:
- maintained at least a 3.33 overall grade point average at Trinity;
- maintained at least a 3.5 grade point average in their major in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology;
- completed a Senior Thesis over the course of two semesters, enrolling in and successfully completing ANTH-4395 or SOCI-4395 in two consecutive semesters prior to graduation.,
- made an oral presentation of the Senior Thesis to the members of their Thesis Committee and the Chairperson of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology; and
- been unanimously recommended for graduation with Major Honors by the Thesis Committee and the Chairperson of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology.
To be considered for graduation with Major Honors, students should address a written request for consideration to the chairperson of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology no later than the end of the first full week of their penultimate semester at Trinity.