Trinity’s minor in biology allows students to engage in labs in biological fundamentals and upper division courses. Through classroom study, hands-on laboratory experience, and undergraduate research opportunities, biology minors at Trinity become knowledgeable, disciplined, and, simultaneously, flexible in their abilities to think across biological scales and subjects.
- Conduct research with faculty as early as your first year
- Meets requirements of many health care professions' graduate programs
- Supports diverse interdisciplinary pursuits
- Includes experiential learning as part of your program of study
- Provides a solid and broad foundation in biology
What You'll Study
From labs to field research, develop skills beyond the textbook
Learn alongside accessible mentors
Trinity faculty value and mentor students as colleagues in inquiry, blending the definition of scholarship and teaching.
Research, grow and explore in top-notch facilities and field opportunities
When You Graduate
Excel in health, research, tech, and beyond
Our graduates are equipped with powerful intellectual tools that enable them to engage successfully in the career of their choice and make decisions as informed and critically thinking global citizens.
A minor in biology provides a background in our earth's living systems, bolstering potential careers in research, nonprofit work and beyond.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- Dental school
- Medical school
- Optometry school
- Pursuit of terminal degree (PhD)
- Veterinary school
- Medical Professional
- Pharmaceutical sales
- Public Health
- Wildlife and Conservation biology
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- Brooks City Base
- Conservation International
- Kaplan Test Preparation
- Nature Conservancy
- San Antonio Water System
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Parks and Wildlife
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- UT Health Science Center
Take the next step
Have more questions or want more information? Learn more about becoming a Tiger, and how you can accelerate what’s next for your education.