The full-time track for the Masters of Science in Health Care Administration develops leaders who are prepared for the challenges of health care delivery, today and tomorrow. The program provides an intensive, experiential environment for graduate students, placing them in the heart of the health care industry through a year-long administrative residency.
- Top-rated program with an outstanding national reputation and over 50 years of experience in creating exceptional leaders.
- Prioritizes experiential learning, culminating with a paid 12-month Administrative Residency
- Students thrive with close faculty relationships, an engaged and distinguished national alumni network, and strong bonds within each cohort.
- Continuous accreditation since 1968 by Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
What You'll Study
Creating effective decision-makers and innovative thinkers in health care
Connected to the field, committed to students
Faculty develop close ties with students and work diligently to support their success well into their careers. Through a culture that prioritizes students and relationships that last a lifetime, faculty are committed to fostering future leaders who think critically and who will transform health care.
Learn from Experience
Scholarships may be awarded to students based on merit or financial need. The availability and amount of these awards vary each year.
Students spend 12-months working full-time as a resident in a health care organization before graduation to gain practical experience.
Trinity University graduate students regularly visit and observe leading health care facilities during the first two semesters.
All first-year students attend this annual health care leadership conference through ACHE.
Opportunities for experiential learning include the residency program, case competitions, capstone projects, and weekly site visits.
The HCAD Alumni Association hosts an annual awards dinner to recognize and honor the achievements of distinguished alumni.
When You Graduate
Chart a path to leadership success in health care
Students find strong career opportunities in the field of health care administration. Armed with conceptual knowledge, leadership skills, and real-world experience, alumni have attained key leadership positions in health care organizations throughout the U.S.
Career Paths our graduates pursue:
- Community Health Centers
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Health Care Consulting
- Health Care Strategy and Business Development
- Health System Executive Leadership
- Hospital Executive Leadership
- Physician Practice Management
- Population Health and Value-Based Care Organizations
Take the next step
Have more questions or want more information? Learn more about becoming a Tiger, and how you can accelerate what’s next for your education.