Applications are now open
The Trinity Tomorrow’s Leaders Program (TTLP), which leads to a Master of Education in School Leadership and a State of Texas Principal certificate, prepares a select cohort of educators to take on the challenges of urban school leadership in the greater San Antonio community. Preparing students to be transformational and social justice leaders, the TTLP engages and challenges students to apply instructional leadership, community-building and policy advocacy skills to their local schools and communities throughout their coursework.
In addition, the program provides students with opportunities to interact with and learn from national speakers via the Center for Educational Leadership, to receive individualized leadership coaching from our experienced cohort of coaches, and to participate in other networking, professional development and research events throughout the 14-month program. Innovative and intensive, the Trinity Tomorrow’s Leadership Program seeks to place graduates in roles that will help local school districts serve youth and families equitably and with excellence.
- Transformational and Equity-Focused Leadership Preparation - Curriculum and events challenge and prepare students to apply their practice to the social-political-community contexts of San Antonio and South Texas schools
- Accredited by the Texas Education Agency - Earn a State of Texas Principal certificate and AEL/T-TESS training
- Private School Experience at a Public School Price - $15,000 tuition and fees, completed in 14 months
- Individualized Leadership Coaching - Weekly coaching sessions provided by our experienced, career and leadership coaches
- Experiential Learning and Applied Fieldwork - Opportunities to engage with programming and scholars sponsored by the Center for Educational Leadership
- Extensive and intensive internship
- Free certification tutoring
What You'll Study
A Framework of Excellence and High Expectations
Blending Scholarship and Practice in Education
Our faculty lead students through meaningful coursework facilitated by top scholars and practitioners in education locally and nationally. Leadership coaches provide weekly coaching to maximize the learning experience.
Frank E. Alfaro, Ed. D.
Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services
Alamo Heights ISD
Gary Bates, Ed.D.
Fort Sam Houston ISD
Jeff Goldhorn, Ed.D.
Region 20 Education Service Center
Tonya Hyde, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
Chief Academic Officer
Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD
Richard Middleton, Ph.D.
North East ISD
Burnie Roper, Ed.D.
Experience makes the best leaders
Trinity's Tomorrow’s Leaders Principal program has been supported by a five-year, $2.5 million grant from the Ewing Halsell Foundation,
Additional scholarship funding from H-E-B and Texas Education Agency are available to students. As a result, accepted candidates receive a fellowship provided through this generous philanthropic support, making the program an affordable pathway to becoming a transformational school leader.
Students interested in pursuing a future Ph.D may conduct independent research with faculty and/or participate in research through the Center for Educational Leadership.
Center for Educational Leadership
Cohort Fellows are also supported as new school leaders through Trinity's Center for Educational Leadership, which will provide regular cohort-based convenings, national speakers on critical education issues, as well as targeted learning seminars for continued leadership development.
Center for Educational Leadership Distinguished Speaker Series
The program holds cohort-based convenings and hosts national speakers on critical education issues, as well as targeted learning seminars for continued leadership development.
Fall and Spring Educational Leadership Networking Receptions
Connect with alumni and school partners, along with philanthropic partners
When You Graduate
Creating high-performance leaders
Armed with real-world classroom and administrative experience, graduates leave Trinity ready to better the schools they lead.
Trinity prepares high performing school leaders, equipped with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for leadership within the challenging and changing context of education.
- School Principal
- Instructional Coordinator
- Non-Profit Leadership
Our graduates are the preferred students to be hired in school districts.
- San Antonio Independent School District
- Northside Independent School District
- Northeast Independent School District