Full Tuition and $5000 stipend
Full-tuition scholarship for students interested in studying STEM fields at Trinity.
A select group of applicants will be invited as finalists for Semmes Scholar Day, where two or three outstanding incoming first-year students will become Semmes Distinguished Scholars in Science.
This scholarship includes a $5,000 stipend to be used for research support, professional travel, materials and supplies.
Who is eligible:
Undergraduate, First-Year students planning to major in biology, biochemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering science, geosciences, mathematics, neuroscience, or physics and astronomy.
Who is not eligible:
Transfer, continuing, or graduate students
Standardized Test Scores (Optional)
Trinity does not have a preference for ACT or SAT. Trinity uses the highest test scores for each test and subtests submitted for consideration.
Awards are determined based on the official high school transcript and rigor of curriculum. Core GPAs are recalculated on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
How to Apply
Separate application required.
Apply to Trinity by Early Decision or Early Action
Apply for Trinity undergraduate admission through Early Decision I (ED) or Early Action (EA).
Nov. 1, 2022
Finalists attend Semmes Scholars Day
After review of all applications, a select group of applicants will be invited as finalists for Semmes Scholar Day.
February 3, 2023
- Consideration will be given through the standard admissions process.
- Recipients are selected without regard to income.
- Applicants must declare interest in majoring in a STEM field at Trinity
- Renewable annually for up to 8 semesters
- Award recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress and at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Academic progress is reviewed at the end of each academic year.
- Must be enrolled full-time for each semester
- Semmes Scholars are not eligible to receive other institutional grants or scholarships
- Scholarships are applied toward fall and spring tuition only, and are not available for summer study
Scholarships do not require repayment.