FROM SURVIVING TO THRIVING
Public Health Campaign
Thank you for your continued flexibility and patience as we adjust to this ever-evolving situation. The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff must be our top priority, even as we work to deliver on our mission to help each of you pursue lives of meaning and purpose. Science and medicine give us cause for genuine hope as we watch the distribution of vaccines.
Trinity University is providing access to current data and overall COVID-19 case and quarantine/isolation totals through a public dashboard.
- All students, faculty, and staff who plan to live, learn, or work on campus will be required to take an initial COVID-19 baseline test each semester to help identify potential outbreaks in our community.
- Surveillance testing of a random sample of the on-campus population will continue indefinitely each week.
- Individuals may request an on-demand test if they are showing COVID-19 symptoms or believe they may have been exposed to the virus.
Trinity’s ProtecTU HealthCheck is a simple, online questionnaire designed to preemptively screen students, faculty, and staff for potential COVID-19 symptoms or exposure risk.
To access the app, simple text the word Trinity to 47225 or access it through the
You will receive a response text with a link to the ProtecTU HealthCheck questionnaire, which must be completed every morning prior to visiting the Trinity campus.
Upon completion, you will receive an entry pass (a “green badge”) that you can show if requested. If you do not pass the screening, the app will provide further instructions and COVID-19 Clinic contact information.
ProtecTU Health Pledge
As part of the ProtecTU Health Pledge all students, faculty, and staff must commit to safe behaviors, including physical distancing and wearing face coverings. As individuals in the close-knit Trinity community, it is important that we recognize the impact we have on campus and beyond to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is imperative for all of us to do our part.
I pledge to:
ACKNOWLEDGE our new reality
- Adapt to campus changes and recognize activities will resume gradually
- Remain flexible as public health recommendations evolve
- Respect each individual’s concerns regarding COVID-19
Hold myself ACCOUNTABLE
- Monitor and report COVID-19 symptoms daily
- Wash my hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Practice proper cough/sneeze etiquette and avoid touching my face
- Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet apart from people I don’t live with
- Wear a mask in spaces where social distancing is not possible
- Stay home if I am ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19