Be ready and prepared
Trinity University built a Crisis Management Team (CMT) using a foundation outlined in the National Incident Management System, a standardized approach to incident management developed by the Department of Homeland Security.
The CMT is made up of administrative representatives that meet regularly to:
- review Trinity policies and procedures, and practices related to emergency situations
- conducts regular exercises to prepare for potential crises
Members of the Trinity University community are asked to prepare for emergency situations by doing the following:
- Be attentive to and report any suspicious activity immediately to campus authorities.
- Be acquainted with procedures to follow in the event of an emergency. These emergencies include weather and natural disasters, violence toward members of the community, and accidents related to hazardous materials.
- Be attentive to University emergency notification mechanisms: text messaging, e-mail, telephone intercom announcements, telephone text display announcements, and the Trinity web site.
- Be aware that all University telephones have a "panic button" that allows callers to have two-way communications directly with the Trinity University Police dispatcher.
- Trinity also provides ELERTS Campus which is a powerful tool that allows users to call the campus police department or report a crime on or around campus. More information on ELERTS Campus can be found at https://inside.trinity.edu/university-police/elerts
You can register with TrinAlert to have emergency text announcements sent directly to your cell phone. Only warning requiring immediate action will be sent via this system.
Emergency Telephone Alert
Messages may be broadcast directly to all student rooms and offices where there are University telephones. Messages will scroll as text and/or be broadcast over the telephone as intercom announcements.
Official news, information and instructions will be distributed by e-mail. Please check your Trinity e-mail on a regular basis.
Mass Notification System
This is an outdoor notification system that uses a siren followed with a message to alert the campus community to take shelter in the event of an emergency. For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page on this new system.
The Trinity Website
The university's web site will use alert banners to communicate official news, information and instructions in the event of an emergency, disaster and/or campus network outage.
In the event of an emergency, call 888-57-ALERT for the current status of campus conditions.