Trinity is already making plans to celebrate the University’s 150th anniversary. Originally founded in 1869 in Tehuacana, Texas, Trinity's storied journey has included three cities and three moves, yet the University has remained resilient through every challenge it has faced. A year-long celebration will span the 2019 year and include new and traditional University events.
“We can all take great pride in the educational excellence that is associated with the Trinity of today. However, there is tremendous value in connecting with the University’s history and heritage that have made it possible for us to reach this significant point in Trinity’s journey,” said Trinity President Danny Anderson.
A steering committee, led by education professor Angela Breidenstein ’91,‘92 and Hugh Daschbach ’95, senior director of Alumni Relations, is already at work on the planning. “The University’s accomplishments and those of generations of our graduates are worth noting in an authentic and celebratory way,” said co-chair Breidenstein. “Our goal is to see as many people as possible engaged in the planning, preparation, and celebration in a way that strengthens the Trinity community,” said Daschbach.
Alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to share ideas for commemorating the University’s 150th anniversary by leaving comments at this website. Trinity’s year-long Sesquicentennial celebration will include many opportunities to take pride in Trinity’s history and traditions, celebrate the present, and build excitement around the journey into the University’s future.
150th Anniversary Steering Committee:
- Kimberly Anderson - President's Office
- Michelle Bartonico - Assistant Vice President for Strategic Communications and Marketing, email@example.com
- Angela Breidenstein, co-chair, Professor, Department of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amulya Deva, President, Student Government Association, email@example.com
- Marshall Hess, trustee liaison, Board of Trustees, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul McGinlay, Head Men's Soccer Coach, email@example.com
- Philip (Monty) McKeon, President, Student Program Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steffanie Mortis, Trinity University Press, email@example.com
- James Sanders, Alumnus, President of the Alumni Association Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Schluter, Alumnus, email@example.com
- Sharon Jones Schweitzer, volunteer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shawne Stewart-Zakaria, Director of Special Events, email@example.com
- Dante Suarez, Associate Professor, Finance and Decision Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacob Tingle, co-chair, Director, Center for Experiential Learning and Career Services, email@example.com
- Doug Brackenridge, adviser to the committee, Professor Emeritus of Religion and University Historian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Special project liaison: Carey Latimore, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of History, email@example.com