Trinity University is excited to welcome its inaugural cohort of Skyline Scholars to campus this August. Skyline Scholars, incoming students who are part of the program formerly known as Summer Bridge, are among the top academic achievers in their entering year.
Meet the 2023 Skyline Scholars
Who they are:
- 50% are also first-generation college students
- 33% are from the San Antonio area
- 20% are from outside of Texas
- 77% attended a Tiger Takeoff this summer
- 7 are student-athletes
- They’re supported by 8 peer tutors from past Summer Bridge cohorts
What they’ll be doing:
- ALL of the Scholars are enrolled in the First-Year Experience “A Successful Life.” They begin their coursework in early August, allowing them to complete the course prior to Thanksgiving break.
- Students will attend daily Skyline Scholar workshops focused on starting life at Trinity with tools and skills for success.
What they’re most excited about:
- “Being a part of a community of people who are like me, new to the college experience and in a completely new world. I'm excited to learn life skills and college skills that will help me even as I pursue my career goals beyond Trinity.”
- “Attending the program's daily workshops, as I believe they will help me gain new skills to adjust emotionally and academically at Trinity. I am also looking forward to meeting new people, making new friends, and navigating the campus with them early on!”
- “Learning about the resources Trinity provides to support student mindfulness and wellness.”
- “Getting to the beautiful campus earlier and getting to know the campus before I have all of my other classes will greatly help with my anxiety.”
- “Meeting new people on campus a couple of weeks early and experiencing a ‘quieter’ campus before everyone else moves in.”
Please join the entire Trinity community in giving the Skyline Scholars a warm welcome to campus. We are excited to kickoff Fall 2023 with these talented scholars and all of our incoming Tigers. ¡Bienvenidos!