Core business curriculum:
The core business curriculum includes courses that may reside within the Michael Neidorff School of Business or in some other discipline and are foundational to all majors in the School.
All Neidorff School of Business majors require the following classes (37 hours):
- One of MATH-1305 or MATH-1311
- ECON-1311, ECON-1312
- One of BAT-1101 or BAT-1102
- BAT-2301, BAT-2302, BAT-3301
- BUSN-3302, BUSN-4301
Note: ECON-1311 and ECON-1312 may not be taken on a pass/fail basis
Other general requirements:
- Completion of an approved study abroad experience or the successful completion of a modern foreign language course numbered 2302 or its equivalent.
- Completion of all other required elements of the Pathways curriculum and at least 120 credit hours.
The total number of credit hours from courses particular to this degree plan is 61 (37 hours from core business curriculum + 24 hours from specific courses).
Completion of this major involves the general requirements for admission, the core business curriculum, other general requirements and:
I. Required courses (9 hours): MKTG-3381, MKTG-3383, and MKTG-4381.
NOTE: MKTG-3381 and MKTG-3383 are pre-requisites for MKTG-4381 and must be completed by the end of the junior year.
II. At least 6 hours of marketing electives selected from:
- MKTG-3190, MKTG-3290, MKTG-3390, MKTG-3490, MKTG-3590, MKTG-3690
- MKTG-3192, MKTG-3292, MKTG-3392, MKTG-3492, MKTG-3592, MKTG-3692
III. At least 3 hours in courses with an experiential learning component selected from:
- MKTG-3191, MKTG-3291, MKTG-3391, MKTG-3491, MKTG-3591, MKTG-3691
- MKTG-3097, MKTG-3197, MKTG-3297, MKTG-3397, MKTG-3497, MKTG-3597, MKTG-3697
- Or other courses with an experiential learning component as approved by the Chair of Business Administration
IV. At least 6 hours multidisciplinary requirement selected from (note that some of these courses have prerequisites):
For full admission to any Neidorff School of Business major (B.Sc. or B.A.), students must first complete the following courses from the core business curriculum with grades of C or better:
Note: Department Chairs may grant provisional acceptance if it is apparent that an applicant can meet the requirements for full acceptance by the end of the semester in which application is made.
From the Neidorff School of Business.
We're here to help!
Our team of expert academic advisers are ready to provide guidance and support.