A 21-hour minor in communication is the perfect companion to any major at Trinity. It allows students to take the knowledge they have learned in their primary major—from biology to history to decision sciences—and effectively pass it along to others through multiple media channels, empowering them to make real, substantial change in the world.
- Get involved in the student-run television station, TigerTV.
- Contribute to radio broadcasts by hosting or producing content for our professional radio station, KRTU.
- Get a broad base of understanding in media industries, texts, and audiences.
- Specialize in areas such as journalism, advertising, film, television, public relations, graphic design, and magazines.
What You'll Study
Dive into the Digital Age
Plugged in, but accessible
Trinity’s communication faculty are skilled researchers, passionate mentors, and leaders in their field who stay in front of the latest trends in the world of media.
Ready for primetime
When You Graduate
Take a starring role
Graduates enter a rapidly-changing media landscape armed with both technical talents and problem-solving abilities stemming from the liberal arts. In addition to the graduates who work for media companies or in communication departments of non-profit, corporate, and government organizations, many pursue graduate and law degrees, join the Peace Corps and Teach for America, or teach abroad.
Texas Public Radio producer keeps people connected to important issues in the Alamo City
Marketing-savvy alumna heads casual restaurant chain, embraces change as she plans for its long-term future
Tigers are valued as smart, articulate problem solvers across a wide array of career paths. Communication majors have become journalists, public relations professionals, advertising creatives, filmmakers, designers, corporate communicators, and small business owners (just to name a few).
Graduate Schools or Programs:
Art and Design Graduate Programs
- Savannah School of Art and Design
- Georgia Tech
Communication Graduate Programs
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Oklahoma
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Texas - Austin
- Corporate, Political, and Government Communication
- Film and Television
- Graphic and Web Design
- Strategic Communications, PR, and Advertising
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- Electronic Arts
- NBC News
- New York Times
- Red Bull
- U.S. Olympic Committee
Take the next step
Have more questions or want more information? Learn more about becoming a Tiger, and how you can accelerate what’s next for your education.