This interdisciplinary program offers students opportunities to study classical and modern Chinese language and literature, classical civilization and philosophy, contemporary art, the ecology of fengshui, and cinema. In other departments, students can study Chinese history, political science, geoscience, ecology, business, and religion.
- 1 of 3 universities in Texas to offer Teacher Certification in Chinese
- Founding member of the ASIANetwork, which provides funding opportunities for Trinity students to conduct research projects abroad
- Leader among liberal arts colleges with East Asia programs
- Includes one of the nation's largest Chinese programs for a liberal arts college
What You'll Study
Immerse yourself in Chinese Culture, Language, Politics, Science and Business
Chinese Expertise Across the Campus
Hailing from a dozen departments and programs our dedicated faculty have built a diverse curriculum focused on key issues, global relationships, and hands-on experience. Students are culturally and academically prepared to be future leaders in many sectors of the global environment.
EAST sponsors Trinity study abroad programs in China in business, ecology, and geoscience.
When You Graduate
Broaden your horizons
Your Trinity degree is just the beginning. Our faculty and alumni are here to help you turn that degree into next steps, international opportunities, and future careers.
Graduates from Trinity’s Chinese programs often earn advanced graduate degrees or pursue global opportunities in foreign policy and international business. Students are also able to earn Texas teacher certification in Chinese, making Trinity one of only three universities in Texas with that capability.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- Boston University
- Columbia University
- University of Michigan
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Texas
- Washington University
- Chinese Language Teaching
- International Business
Notable Companies who have hired Trinity Graduates:
- AtmosAir Asia
- Baker & Mackenzie Attorneys at Law, Shanghai
- Deloitte Touche Beijing
- Sears Holdings Hong Kong