Trinity University faculty encourage students to attend philosophy conferences and submit their work to reputable undergraduate journals. Undergraduate philosophy conferences provide opportunities for students to engage with philosophy students and faculty from other universities. Funding is available for students to travel to conferences to present their work.
Undergraduate philosophy conferences can provide opportunities for philosophy majors to engage with majors from other universities, as well as with graduate philosophy students and distinguished philosophers.
The Trinity Philosophy faculty strongly encourage students to participate in conferences and are available to support students with conference applications, replies to calls for papers and presentation preparation. The upcoming undergraduate conferences below have been selected by the Philosophy faculty and may be of particular interest to Trinity University philosophy students.
Conferences and Calls for Papers
- Dartmouth Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
- Drexel University - The Greater Philadelphia Philosophy Consortium
- Eastern Michigan University - Undergraduate Conference in Philosophy
- Meeting of the South Carolina Society for Philosophy (Open Call)
- Pacific University Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
- Rhodes College - Midsouth Philosophy Conference
- Southern Utah University Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
- Truman State University's Annual Undergraduate Philosophy and Religion Conference
- Vassar College Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy
- Washington & Lee University Conference of the Mudd Journal of Ethics
Browse the list of national undergraduate journals where Trinity students are encouraged to submit their work.
- Midwest Journal of Undergraduate Research Monmouth College, annually in January
- Dianoia Boston College, January
- Arizona Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies University of Arizona, annually in May
Undergraduate Philosophy Journals
- Aporia Dartmouth undergraduate philosophy journal.
- The Dualist Stanford's national undergraduate philosophy journal.
- Ephemeris Union College is an undergraduate journal of philosophy offered by Union College.
- Episteme is a student-run journal out of Denison University that aims to recognize and encourage excellence in undergraduate philosophy by providing examples of some of the best work currently being done in undergraduate philosophy programs.
- Logos Cornell undergraduate philosophy journal, annually in November
- Prometheus Journal is a journal covering all philosophical topics and hails from Johns Hopkins University.
- Stance: An International Undergraduate Philosophy Journal international journal offered by Ball State.
- The Yale Philosophy Review is an annual journal by undergraduate students, worldwide
Each year the Trinity University Department of Philosophy, either singly or with the support of other Trinity academic departments and/or committees, is host to a series of lectures by renowned philosophical scholars.
These scholarly lectures are designed to compliment student coursework and are often interdisciplinary in nature and applicable to not only philosophical study, but to studies across the curriculum.
All lectures are free and open to the public.