Physics is the science of matter, energy, and the interactions of forces that affect them. At Trinity, you will study the laws that govern the smallest subatomic particles to the largest of stars. Our program offers rigorous courses rooted in the liberal arts that prepare students for a variety of paths after graduation.
The B.S. is designed for students wanting to pursue graduate studies or a career in physics, engineering, or other closely aligned field.
- Extensive labwork and hands-on instrument use in Trinity’s $127-million Center for the Sciences and Innovation.
- Faculty work directly with students with no graduate student or teaching assistants as an intermediary.
- All students develop writing and presentation skills, and can conduct and present research at national/regional conferences.
- Students participate in research projects directly with faculty, often publishing their work in peer reviewed journals.
What You'll Study
Rigorous coursework, hands-on laboratories
Our faculty blend the cutting-edge research programs you’d expect to find at a larger school with the personal mentorship of a small, liberal arts university. And with no graduate students competing for faculty attention, our commitment to undergraduate achievement is paramount.
Apply your skills in research, international study, and cutting-edge instrumentation
When You Graduate
Armed with strong critical thinking skills, research experience, and an interdisciplinary background, Tigers become lifelong learners and leaders in diverse areas such as physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, law, and urban planning.
Tigers with backgrounds in physics have excelled at positions in teaching, academia, finance, industrial positions, and beyond. While graduates’ technical abilities get them in the door, their writing experience and interdisciplinary skills give them an edge for promotions.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- Stanford University
- Rice University
- Cornell University
- Material Physics
- Optical Engineering
- Industrial Physics
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- BJN Technologies
- Research and teaching positions at schools and universities
- Southwest Research Institute