At the end of each fall semester, the Writing Center calls for first-year students to submit their exemplary FYE papers for consideration. From these submissions, a faculty committee selects four winners and four honorable mentions. The winners receive campus-wide recognition as well as a cash prize for their achievements.
- Papers must have been written for an FYE Course taken during the current academic year.
- In addition to providing your name and contact information with your paper submission, please note the name of the course, the instructor, and a brief explanation of the assignment.
- Students are welcome to edit their work prior to submission.
- Papers may be of any length.
- All papers must be submitted as a Word document (not a Google Doc or PDF, etc.). No exceptions.
- Only one entry per student is eligible for submission.
- Please email entries to email@example.com.
* Because we are aware of the exciting variety of writing assignments in the FYE, we accept all types of papers on any subject. To this end, the committee may consider diversity of form and subject matter in selecting the winners.