Interested in exploring what you can do with your major? Eager to gain real-world experience in your undergraduate years? Wondering what careers in the non-profit world could offer you? Consider becoming involved in the Arts, Letters, and Enterprise program, one of Trinity’s fastest growing interdisciplinary programs.
The ALE program provides the tools needed to successfully integrate business – particularly non-profit business – with your primary areas of interest. Most of our ALE students major in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences. Through internships and a carefully tailored series of courses, students graduate prepared for the world outside.
- Learn how your Trinity degree can open doors to summer jobs and careers after graduation
- Get help connecting to internships available in San Antonio year round
- Introduction to the basics of business literacy
- Special courses for the general student body in grant writing and accounting
What You'll Study
Combine coursework with community and careers
Faculty/Staff Steering Committee
Faculty and staff from disciplines across campus -- including STEM, business administration, humanities, and the arts -- connect students to internships in greater San Antonio.
Undergraduates expand their learning beyond campus, gaining real-world experience in actual professional settings in San Antonio and nationwide. ALE places students in year-round internships in a variety of leading arts organizations, government offices, environmental nonprofits, and social services.
Students can participate in fully-paid, 10-week internships in San Antonio, complete with optional on-campus housing, for many companies, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
Students serve as interns for various scientific, governmental, social agency, arts, or nonprofit organizations throughout the fall or spring semesters.
During the summer, USAA and ALE fund highly competitive, paid internships in nonprofits across San Antonio and other U.S. cities.
Summer 2021 Application
Deadline to apply: Friday, February 12, 2021
- Attend one of the following information session:
Tues, Jan. 12, 12-1p.m. Zoom meeting
Thur, Jan. 14, 12-1p.m. Zoom meeting
Wed, Jan. 20,12-1p.m. Zoom meeting
- Look at A.L.E. job descriptions on Handshake to identify which 1-2 positions would best suit your career interests
- Submit the following application materials as one attached document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The window for submitting all application materials is Tuesday, Jan. 12- Friday, Feb. 12.
How to apply:
- Cover sheet containing the following information:
- Phone number
- Current year at Trinity
- Academic majors(s) and minor(s)
- Identify the internship for which you are applying
- Your resume. For help with your resume visit CELCS walk-in hours between 1:30-4 p.m. M-F.
- Your unofficial transcript (this can be a screenshot from TigerPaws).
- Essay. Please describe how this internship will fit in with your goals for personal and career development. In your answer be sure to identify your current major and any academic minors you intend to complete. Do not exceed 500 words.
- One letter of recommendation from a Trinity faculty member. Please advise your letter writer that letters should be sent directly to Dr. Carl Leafstedt, Co-Chair, Arts, Letters, and Enterprise program, at email@example.com no later than Monday Feb. 15. You will not see these letters.
For your application to be complete, you must complete all of the above steps. When finished, send the application materials as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to title the document with your last name and the name of your organization, for example Garcia_RivardReport.
When You Graduate
Through ALE, students explore the different jobs they can pursue with their chosen major, opening up a wide range of career paths they may not know about.
- Arts and theater
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- Blue Star Arts Complex
- San Antonio Area Foundation
- San Antonio Opera
- Texas House of Representatives
- The Rivard Report