Individuals looking for an in-depth study of economics to compliment primary interests that lie elsewhere may complete an 18 credit hour economics minor. Students engage in a diverse curriculum that applies economics across a variety of disciplines, from general principles to environmental economics.
- Ranked top-20 nationally in doctorates per graduate
- The Nobel Economists Lecture series brings Nobel Laureates in Economics to engage with students on campus
- Vast alumni network provides opportunities for students and recent graduates
- Scholarships and honorable awards recognize current students
What You'll Study
Discover a diverse curriculum that lets you choose your interests.
Our faculty are betting on you and your future
Faculty in the department of economics create unique and personalized opportunities for students that range from research and internships to community outreach and study abroad.
Inside and outside the classroom, our students stand out
When You Graduate
Graduates find success, from banking, business, and law to research and academia.
Some graduates choose to pursue higher degrees in relevant fields such as law or business. Others combine their economics minor with another major and forge their own paths in entrepreneurship, health care, and more.
Graduates are prepared for a wide range of future careers. Many have entered leading Ph.D. programs, and even received fellowships. Others have entered the banking industry, joined business ventures, or conducted research.
- Public Affairs
Notable Companies who have Hired Trinity Graduates:
- City of Austin
- Federal Reserve Board of Governors in Washington, D.C.
- First Solar
- Lockheed Martin
- Morgan Stanley