Applications for Fall 2021 are closed.
Trinity's Executive M.S. in Healthcare Administration attracts highly motivated, self-directed, and goal-oriented individuals looking to enhance their healthcare skillset. Professional excellence, leadership potential, and prior management experience are criteria used in the selective admission process.
The earlier an applicant submits all of the materials described below, the earlier he or she will receive an admission decision. For optimal consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply well before the July 1st deadline.
Applications for Fall 2022
Starting on: September 15th, 2021
Ending on: July 1st, 2022
Accreditation since 1968
by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
Consistently one of the top-ranked programs in the Nation for Health Care Administration
offers convenience and flexibility for working health professionals
Small student-to-faculty ratio fosters tight-knit relationships and personalized career guidance from faculty
Program applicants are expected to have the following:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. All undergraduate majors are considered.
Current employment in a health care setting with prior management or supervisory experience.
Basic knowledge of Accounting, Statistics, and Economics.
Competency in computer spreadsheet applications is strongly encouraged.
Reliable internet access to participate in distance learning sessions
Ability to travel to San Antonio at the beginning of each semester for three day on-campus sessions
Required application materials include:
- Completed Trinity Executive Program application form and a $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts sent directly to Trinity University from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- A résumé or autobiographical sketch detailing your educational background and employment experience.
- A brief statement of purpose (1-2 pages typed and double-spaced) explaining your reasons for selecting a career in health care administration.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your academic, volunteer, and/or employment performance.
- Personal Interview at the invitation of department faculty
Once an applicant's file is completed, the Admissions Committee reviews it on an individual basis to determine if academic and experience criteria are met. If the initial review is positive, the applicant is invited to the Trinity campus to interview. Shortly after the interview date, the Admissions Committee makes a recommendation to the Chair of the Health Care Administration Department. The applicant receives a letter notifying him or her of an admission decision as the last step of the admission process. A $200 deposit is required upon acceptance into the program.
Tuition for the Part-time Executive Class of 2022 is a total of $73,000. A complete breakdown of the estimated cost of attendance can be found online.
The Student Financial Services office at Trinity University helps students with applications for loans and deferred payment plans.
For more information, please contact Student Financial Services at 210-999-8898.