Alvarez Internship Grant Program
The Alvarez Summer Internship Grant program engages Trinity students in matters and activities falling under the MAS mission and promote Trinity University's relations with non-profit organizations whose activities are related to the MAS Program and its mission.
This grant awards $4000 to Trinity students who complete unpaid internships at non-profit organizations that work with the Latino community.
MAS internships must provide the students with an academically substantive experience; must involve an activity or project that directly addresses the mission of the MAS Program; and must be sponsored by a Trinity University faculty member. The program includes a $4000 grant, on-campus housing and a 1-credit annotation on student's transcript.
To obtain an internship grant award, the applicant must have her/his proposal accepted by a potential faculty mentor and must secure an official letter of approval from the agency in question. Internships must be held over the course of a summer.
No longer accepting applications.
At completion of internship, intern must submit the following items:
- A poster presentation on internship experience which provides information on the intern's agency; describes the nature and significance of the work the intern engaged in; and offers an assessment of the intern's experience. Poster will be presented at the end of the summer session or during the academic year
- 4-6 Photos from internship that may be used on MAS social media and/or website
- Submit paperwork via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Any student is allowed a maximum of two internship grants during the course of their tenure at Trinity University.
Requirements and Eligibility:
- Formal relationship with a non-profit organization/agency that has Latina/os as its principal clientele OR with an organization/agency in a country related to MAS initiatives
- Minimum GPA requirement of 2.7 Sponsorship of a Trinity University faculty member
- Approval of the MAS Executive Committee
How to Apply:
Submit application cover sheet, along with:
- 2-3 page written proposal for internship, including some background of organization, a program of activities and objectives, and how this experience fits into your course of study
- Letter from organization officially granting the internship
- Letter of support from Trinity faculty mentor
- Curriculum vitae or resumé
- Unofficial copy of transcript
Organizations that Mentor Interns
Trinity students have interned across San Antonio and around the world.