Trinity’s Spanish major is comprised of mastery of the language, knowledge of the culture, and understanding the literature. Course offerings provide a variety of perspectives, including cultural studies, literary history, genre studies, research methods and documentation, film studies, and other innovative topics. Spanish is one of Trinity’s most popular majors because it pairs well with a variety of interdisciplinary fields of study.
- San Antonio’s rich Latinx culture a perfect backdrop for Spanish studies
- Trinity boasts one of the largest Spanish Across the Curriculum programs in the nation.
- Combine Spanish language with professional opportunities through internships at local firms and institutions.
- The Mexico, the Americas, and Spain (MAS) program integrates classroom, residential, community, and professional development.
What You'll Study
An in-depth look at Spanish language, culture, and literature
Professors take you beyond the letters on a page
The large Spanish faculty ensures a curriculum rich in Peninsular, Spanish American, and U.S. LatinX literature and culture from a wide range of perspectives.
Bridge classroom instruction with real-world exploration
When You Graduate
Bilingual, bicultural leaders
Possessing an extensive knowledge of the Spanish language and Latinx cultures and the opportunities to study abroad, students are well-prepared to launch careers in ever-growing Spanish-speaking areas of the world.
Many majors combine their language skills with other disciplines and pursue advanced degrees and careers at some of the best-known graduate schools, medical schools, law schools, and corporations in the country.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Pursuit of Ph.D.s in literature, cultural studies, ethnic studies, and women and gender studies, among others
- Community Organizing
- Doctors Without Borders
- Health Educators
- Library Management
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Public and Business Administration
- Public Policy
- Teacher/ Professor