Join the Family
To help you acclimate to University academics before you leap into Greek Life, Trinity University has a special, deferred recruitment and new member orientation period.
Recruitment Process Overview
Put your name on the Master Recruitment List to participate in recruitment events and find your perfect fit.
Celebrate Bid Day around Miller Fountain, where you officially become a member of your fraternity or sorority.
Go through New Member Orientation to finish becoming a full member of your future family.
New Member Orientation
New Member Orientation is the period of time between accepting a bid to join a fraternity or sorority and being completely initiated into the organization.
There is approximately a three-week maximum on all orientation programs and a nine-hour hands-off period during the school week.
A successful New Member Orientation program:
- Educates members about the history and values of the organization
- Fosters academic achievement
- Entails educational and developmental workshops
- Provides opportunities to socialize with other students in the group
- Promotes positive experiences that are free from hazing
Hazing and Safety Policies
Trinity’s entire Fraternity and Sorority Life community is committed to creating safe spaces for its members to forge lifelong friendships, make memories, and grow as individuals.
To help ensure student and community safety, Trinity University does not tolerate hazing or any violations of University or Greek Council policies. Any chapter suspected of hazing will be investigated and may face judicial action by the Student Conduct Panel.
Hazing and Safety Contacts
If you see somebody being hazed or if you are being hazed, please reach out to:
- Wills Brown, Assistant Director for Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Jamie Thompson, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Student Involvement
Additionally, each organization has faculty and alumni advisers that you can reach out to if you have questions or concerns.
Helpful Anti-Hazing Information
- Hazing Prevention Information
- Aware. Awake. Alive.
- Gordie's Story
- Association of Fraternal Leadership & Values
Relevant Trinity Policies
To get started with the fraternity or sorority recruitment process, sign up for the recruitment lists.
Afterwards, you will receive email updates from both the Greek Council and individual fraternities or sororities regarding upcoming events and programs.