About the program
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an account that works in conjunction with a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). The account allows you to put money aside and reimburse yourself for medical expenses on a tax advantaged basis. Unspent funds accumulate tax-free and roll over from year to year.
What's new for 2024?
- If you have an HSA and choose to continue for 2024, you will need to elect an annual amount. The Health Savings Account (HSA) expires annually so you must actively enroll if you want this benefit.
- View the 2024 employee benefit summary guide for coverage details. The 2023 employee benefit guide is still available for reference.
- Learn more about the 2024 Open Enrollment period or attend a support session
An employee can qualify for a HSA:
- if the employee is covered by a compatible high deductible health plan (Aetna HDHP 70);
- if the employee is NOT covered by any other health insurance;
- an employee is NOT enrolled in Medicare, including Part A;
- an employee is NOT listed as a dependent on someone else's tax return;
- your spouse is NOT part of a joint HSA.
Note: If you have an HSA, you cannot also have a flexible spending account.
You can find additional information on Health Savings Accounts by checking the IRS Publication 969.
Questions and Contact
Employer: Trinity University (Flex) #136538
Call Center Mon-Fri 7:00am – 7:00pm Central Time
Customer Service (Toll Free) 800-284-4885 or (844) 729-3539