The major in Global Latinx studies offers students an interdisciplinary analysis of the Latinx experience from past to present. Located in the department of Modern Languages and Literatures, the program includes modern languages and spans the humanities, the natural sciences, and the social sciences.
- Trinity maintains exchange programs with 5 foreign universities
- Faculty well versed in Latinx culture
- Wide range of opportunities internships at local firms, institutions and NGOs that relate to the Latinx experience
- San Antonio’s rich culture a perfect backdrop for Global Latinx Studies majors
What You'll Study
Immerse in the culture, in and outside of the classroom
Speaking our language
Trinity’s large contingent of Spanish-speaking faculty guarantees a learning environment rich in U.S. Latinx literature and culture.
When You Graduate
Intercultural, multilingual leaders
Majors leave Trinity ready to pursue a wide range of graduate, service, policy, and professional opportunities. These Tigers are valued for their leadership, intercultural capacity, and linguistic fluency.
Global Latinx studies majors excel in professions that require a deep understanding of the culture, language, history and other aspects of the Latinx communities.
Graduate Schools or Programs:
- American / Ethnic Studies
- Health Care Administration
- Law School
- Literature and Culture
- Public Policy
- Women and Gender Studies
- Community Organizing
- Doctors Without Borders
- Elected Office
- Health Educators
- Library management
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Non-Profit Organization
- Public and Business Administration
- Public Policy
- Social Work
- Teacher/ Professor
Take the next step
Have more questions or want more information? Learn more about becoming a Tiger, and how you can accelerate what’s next for your education.